Computer Repair Service and Recommendations
Hello from Marc, the owner of Long Island PC Techs. If you have not yet used our computer repair service, here on Long Island, please contact us now at 516-828-1418 to schedule your computer repair appointment.
If you did, these below are IMPORTANT recommendations that I strongly encourage you to follow to protect your computer and keep it running optimally. Follow these right after we have performed our computer repair process.
These also apply to EVERYONE even if you did not have your computer repaired by us. These might be a bit boring to read and go through but will help you tremendously 🙂 and you will thank us down the road.
COMPUTER REPAIR RECOMMENDATIONS:
- Backup your files to an external hard drive; if your hard drive fails, and these do every 3 years on average, you will lose all your precious data. If not, choose this excellent cloud backup solution: CARBONITE, it runs on your computer 24/7; you will never have to worry about backing up your important pictures, videos, documents and music and it only costs $59 per year, AMAZING PRICE for the peace of mind you get in return!
Loved and trusted by home users and fortune 500 companies.
- Double-click on the desktop shortcut: “Teamviewer 8” (blue with arrows in the middle) for remote support; if you have an issue or have a question, call me first to make an appointment and if it only takes a few minutes, I will help you free of charge. For computer repair issues that would require longer time, our standard rates will apply.
- Run a scan with your Microsoft antivirus once a week. If you go into settings, you can set it to run automatically as long as you keep the computer on; you will see a little green or blue castle icon on the very right bottom corner of your screen, next to the volume or time/date or WI-FI icon. Double-click on it to open it. If it gets orange it will need an update, if it gets red, it will need your intervention, pretty simple, effective, fast, light and FREE!If you used our computer repair service, we must have had installed this FREE antivirus for you :).
- Surf only trusted websites, do not download unknown/suspicious programs, do not click on popups and do not click on links and emails that you do not trust and/or recognize its source; do not download YouTube videos and convert these to gain free mp3 songs; do not surf adult websites, most of these can install rootkit viruses into your PC immediately and escape your antivirus. YOUR ANTIVIRUS DOES NOT MAKE YOU INVINCIBLE. It is only a layer of protection, and as I always say: if you go into the lion’s den, your computer will get hurt.
- Do not use piracy software like BitTorrent, Limewire, and similar to download free content like free movies, free games, free music, you get the drill. You will get reinfected and you will also commit piracy; “FREE” comes with a price, and that price can end up costing you a good bit in terms of money, aggravation, getting your personal information stolen like your credit card #, Social Security #, and allowing the attacker to use your computer’s network to hack major websites while hiding under your IP address, not pleasant! You will end up needing computer repair again.
- If you need to download a program, I would download it from Cnet.com, but be careful and watch out for the little checkboxes, clear these and decline any additional offers like driver/update managers, coupon toolbars, registry cleaners, PC optimizers/programs, automatic computer repair software and alike. Simply continue with the installation only and decline these.
Failure to respect these recommendations will void any warranty on our computer repair labor and will undo all our hard work. I will also be able to look into the event logs of your computer and can show you how, when (day and time) you got yourself infected for most malware.
Pointing out your mistakes will only make you better and will prevent these from reoccurring. Prevention is number 1.
COMPUTER REPAIR SALE:
If you need new computers, we sell all brands and can get you the best specs and for the best price, including personal delivery, installation, and set-up. We also sell monitors and the best and most affordable all-in-one printer! Inexpensive ink refills for double the quantity than what you find in big stores are also available.
We offer website and logo design; security camera installation; office network setup and cabling services; Quickbooks Pro tutoring; computer tutoring and computer repair lessons. A free estimate for these is offered on-site, request yours whenever you are ready.
Last, check out my invention: Popnsurf™ at www.Popnsurf.com, meet the world’s FIRST AND ONLY Invincible Internet Surfing Tool, you can KISS GOODBYE to any viruses!
Consider our monthly service maintenance, there is no contract, no cancellation or penalty fees, it is a SOLID and GUARANTEED SERVICE for only $29/month and a one-time set-up fee of $50. You can cancel it anytime if not satisfied and as of right now, no one has ever cancelled. This keeps your computer always NEW and CLEAN. We login every month on the 30th around 9 pm, and send you an email reminder a day before.
All our clients love it and will save you money in the long run and give you peace of mind. We can also install, as a courtesy bonus, parental control and eliminate any websites categories like: pornography, alcohol, gambling, sex, inappropriateness, drugs, etc., up to 50 categories and custom white and black lists. Although this is an excellent filter, parental supervision is always necessary.
Go to: MONTHLY SERVICE MAINTENANCE (only takes 2 minutes; terms and conditions at the page, read what is not covered).
It is a great pleasure serving your IT needs.
I hope we were helpful to you with these computer repair recommendations. Computer repair is OUR PASSION!
Thank you and have a good day!